Financial Literacy Teachers! CTE Teachers! Financial Math Teachers! All Educators!
Join us for the 2022 Financial Education Boot Camp!
November 18, 2022
EBR Parish Professional Development Center
3000 North Sherwood Forest Dr.
Baton Rouge, LA 70814
The 10th Annual Financial Education Boot Camp is designed to equip Louisiana educators with the knowledge, tools and free classroom resources to teach students to become financially savvy, develop bright careers and take control of their financial futures.
Educators will have the opportunity to:
- Gain knowledge of the changing workforce and how to better help students navigate it
- Connect the dots helping your students really understand credit, insurance, and personal finance, and expand your classroom walls
- Learn more about new monetary vehicles such as cryptocurrency and bitcoin
- Develop strategies to create a well-managed classroom learning environment
- And much more!
Attendees can earn 5 hours of Professional Development Credit!
Registration is only $50 and includes a light breakfast and buffet lunch. Scholarships are available!
Register by November 1 and be entered into a drawing to receive one of three $50 Office Depot gift cards.
To request a scholarship, simply complete the online registration form and when asked, describe your scholarship need.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Give your students an advantage that will produce lifelong benefits!
Financial Education Boot Camp
The goal of the Boot Camp is to:
- Build the capacity of educators to deliver high quality literacy to youth and adults,
- Provide the latest resources to inform students and adults how their individual choices directly influence their occupational goals and their future earnings potential, and
- Provide a foundational understanding for making informed personal financial decisions.
Presentations and Resources Previously Shared
2017 Boot Camp
- Presentation: Invest in Yourself: Develop Your Human Capital
- Handout: Bell to Bell: Exploring College and Careers
- Handout: Bell to Bell: Human Capital
- Handout: Teaching Career Exploration, Human Capital and Employment
- Presentation: Building Your Own Mad City
- Presentation: The Stock Market Game
- Presentation: Bringing Creativity and Relevance into the Classroom
- Teaching Resources: Louisiana Council for Economic Education
- Teaching Resources: Federal Reserve Education.org
All/ Bootcamps/ Fin$marts
2016 Boot Camp
- Presentation: H & R Block Challenge
- Presentation: Understanding How Your Credit Affects Your Business
- Presentation: Entrepreneurship in the Classroom
- Presentation: Launching Dreams
- Presentation: Rules of Behavior (Ethics) in Business
- Presentation: Ethics in Your Classroom
- Presentation: The Walk-On’s Bistreaux Success Story
2015 Boot Camp
- Presentation: Technology Based Learning
- Presentation: Project Based Lessons
- Presentation: Cyber Banking
- Presentation: Understanding Your Paycheck, Taxes, and Insurance
- Handout: Educator’s Resource List